BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 3, 2008

My Myspace Journey Ends

So today i closed my Myspace blog. Well when i say "closed" i mean i won't be blogging there any longer. If you're interested you can still catch my old myspace blogs HERE.

If you can't get in that way, my mypace profile is located HERE

When i first joined Myspace and started writing blogs there a couple of years ago i was AMAZED at the purely addictive nature of the Myspace beast. I blogged at least once every couple of days, sometimes more. But now it's lost it's appeal. I'm just not interested in blogging there anymore. Stupid ratings and worrying about how many readers you have and feeling horribly depressed when there's no comments and shit just makes it too much of a competitive environment for me.

A blog, at least a personal blog, is supposed to be just that...personal. I'm not out to make any wild political or religious statements, stir up hornet's nests and be controversial. I don't blog to see how popular i am. I don't blog for ratings and i don't blog to show off. I blog because i can. The net has given all of us a way of reaching out and help others, and in doing so help ourselves by realising things about ourselves that we don't really know until it comes out on the screen.

I blog because i like to. I enjoy writing about my life, my kids, hubby and school and occasionally rant and rave and get all the frustration out of my system which then allows me to clear my head and move on with my day. So this blog has only one follower. That's ok. Yes i'd like more readers. But i can live without them. If i get them, great, and if i can make someone smile and laugh or cry or scream with me, that's even better.

Truly competitive Myspace bloggers THRIVE on the comment and kudos counts. I used to. But i'm over it. Now i just want to be me.

So my blogs are now exclusive to here. They will remain here for you to enjoy and for me to enjoy writing. Without the pressure.

Love n Peace

Cricket

0 comments: