BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

OMG it's soo bad, its FUNNY!!!

Ok i think i'm OFFICIALLY losing the plot. Seriously.

On top of all the other shit i've gone through since starting my honours year in March 2007 (i'm doing this part time remember), i have yet ANOTHER nasty trojan and god knows what else on my pc..and why???? Cos i was tired and frustrated and plain pissed off that i can't afford $1500 to spend on SPSS (the program we use to analyse data)...sooooo after wating FOUR hours for the demo version to download, i went to use it this morning and it wouldn't let me since i've already USED the demo version and it expired a few weeks ago...but i did the "well ya never know, it MIGHT work!" thing...Only it didnt. So at 8am this morning after getting maybe 3 hours sleep and without a sip of coffee passing my lips, i go on a hunt for a serial for spss, which i wouldnt usually do but with ten days before i hand in the thesis and my data isn't finished...well ya know LOL...and i found one...or at least i thought i did. What i had in fact found (and stupidly, blindly, ignorantly downloaded onto my precious PC...and into the REGISTRY of said precious pc of all things!!) was a Vundo trojan horse which has basically screwed my entire sytem.

For example: I wanna search for something on google..so i do....i hit the link...and get taken to weird and wonderful sites which i never wanted to go to. So i now have to copy and paste the desired link into my address bar which i have discovered is a slow and painful experience, especially when stress levels are now within homicidal range...

The popups which have made themselves at home on my usually beautifully clean, spyware free, adware free gorgeous machine are freaking KILLING me and i swear to god if spybot pops up one more time i'm going to pull out what is left of my hair.

So let's see....Since march 2007...

~ All four kids have been sick at least 5 times EACH..including a minor case of whooping cough

~ I almost got divorced (LONG ass story i wont go into right now)

~ I've had no less than 4 severe asthma attacks and one bout of seriously bad bronchitis that saw me in bed with a 40 degree C temperature for a week...

~ I've lost my phone and internet access at least twice because the bastards just wont stop CHARGING me for it. Pfft.

~ I've lost my cable tv once but went without it for weeks while they "fixed" it...and now have a dish on my roof that loses its signal as soon as it rains...and its the WET season

~ I got a virus on the pc that took no less than a week to fix

~ I've been bullied and harrassed for 6 months by a govt dept who know SHIT

~ My house has been inspected four times...

~ I've repainted the house once

~ I've redeveloped my thesis six times

~ I've written no less than four versions of my thesis ethics application cos apparently i can't spell...and didn't spell check...well i would have if stupid ass open office had a spell check that WORKS

~ I've entered 35,000 pieces of data no less than ten times each...thats 350,000 pieces of data. And i wonder why my hands hurt. Hmmm.

~ I have had a snake in my undie drawer

~ I've looked after hubby while he hobbled about on crutches for a week..this of course happened the day i had the snake in my undie drawer and he was too out of his head on pain meds to help me LOL

~ I've had painters in the house who want to totally disrupt my life to "fix" the ceiling rather than just moving house and getting it over with..painters who btw now won't do it because i had the nerve to have a thesis supervision meeting the day they were supposed to come out and do it...so i've pissed them off and theyre gonna reschedule "later"...and the best part...my supervisor was in ADELAIDE when i went in for my meeting with her...apparently my email from her got lost somewhere...so i could have had the ceiling fixed instead

~ I'm surviving on 4 hours sleep a night, sometimes less, and i can somehow still remember where the coffee is and what my name is. But that's about it.

~ I spend 50 bucks on a spyware removal tool which promises me it's gonna fix my spyware infestation...and it removed all but the vundo one...so now waiting to hear back from them (ok so they were VERY fast in replying to my desperate pleas for help...they better be for my $50 LOL)

Ya know i'm sitting here grinning as i'm writing this because it's just so FUCKING ironic that in my final and most important year...all this happens to me.

I'm SO desperate for this to be over. Believe me, the alcohol will be flowing, but dont be surprised if you don't see me for a week. I'm sleeping.

LMAO

0 comments: